About Flinders University
Flinders' bold vision, captured by our Strategic Plan Making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia's most enterprising graduates.
Recognising that exceptional people are the key to our success, we're seeking an outstanding individual to join our skilled and dedicated staff and help progress our transformation.
About the Role
The College of Science and Engineering offers a world-class academic teaching and research team, covering the full spectrum of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. We take pride in leading with our education and research innovation to ensure that we can further benefit individuals and the community. Our strategic plan and core values are ensuring that we are making a difference to our students and providing a work place culture for our employees that is innovative, exciting, collaborative and supportive. With our vision for the future in place we are seeking a highly experienced Professor or Associate Professor to provide leadership to our Mathematics discipline.
Key Position Capabilities
- Completion of a PhD, or equivalent qualification in an area related to mathematics.
- An established or distinguished international reputation in research in an area of mathematics aligned with the College's research strengths as evidenced by sustained high quality publications, attraction of several competitive external grants, invitations to give keynote presentations at leading conferences, etc.
- Demonstrated evidence of a distinguished and active track record of teaching expertise in mathematics at tertiary level, including a leadership role in national / international delivery and /or collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to provide academic leadership in the discipline of mathematics including the supervision, mentoring and development of staff.
- Demonstrated evidence of innovation in teaching to support students in order to maximise their learning.
- Evidence of educational or significant educational leadership relevant to mathematics teaching and learning in higher education and demonstrated experience leading innovation and inspiring excellence amongst colleagues.
- Significant experience in curriculum development and teaching methodology for topics and programs of study, including reviews and internal and external accreditation activities.
- Demonstrated experience with engaging and developing flexible methods to deliver teaching programs such as through e-learning platforms and other communications technologies
- Demonstrated excellence in the supervision of honours and research higher degree students.
- Demonstrated or significant contribution to the discipline and/or profession within a relevant external professional domain and within a wider community context at local, national and international level.
- A demonstrated strong track record of establishing effective research collaborations with external national and international partners.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated evidence of the ability to develop, establish and maintain effective relationships with parties internal and external to the University.
- Proven success in academic leadership and in supervising, mentoring and developing colleagues to achieve goals.
Please note: Pursuant to the Children's Protection Act 1993 (SA) this position has been deemed prescribed. It is an inherent requirement of the position that the successful candidate maintains a current Child Related Employment Screening which is satisfactory to the University.
- College of Science and Engineering
- Available on a continuing, full-time basis
- Salary (Academic Level D or E): $141,222 to $181,307 pa
- Plus 17% employer superannuation
- Applications close: 11:00am, Monday 9 March 2020
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or people from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
How to Apply
Full details including how to apply on-line can be found at our Jobs@Flinders website: https://jobs.flinders.edu.au/en/job/497288/professor-or-associate-professor-in-mathematics