The Principal Enterprise Architect will be a results-oriented leader that shares accountability for the successful vision and execution of strategic and operational initiatives within Workplace Solutions (Group Insurance) segment. This individual works with business stakeholders and enterprise, solution and technical staff to deliver technology by providing overall direction, guidance and architected solutions. This position consistently operates at an Expert level and provides leadership, influence, guidance and direction setting to all levels within the organization focused on developing solutions and process structure for the holistic management of technical environment life cycles.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with business stakeholders and technical staff to drive enterprise strategy across Value Streams.
- Fosters adaptive design and engineering practices.
- Drives collaboration of programs and teams around a common technical vision.
- Maintains a high-level, holistic vision of enterprise solutions and development initiatives.
- Understands and communicates Strategic Themes and other key business drivers for architecture to technical architects and nontechnical stakeholders.
- Acts as a coach, internal consultant, mentor and change agent across the operation. Develops communication plans and promotes enterprise architecture process and results to all levels within the organization.
- Analyzes and maintains knowledge in technologies, application methodologies and frameworks, system integration methodologies, industry and market trends and determines their potential impact on the business.
- Identifies and manages organizational and technical dependencies between activities / portfolios, working closely with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrates Mutual of Omaha's Leadership Objectives: Business, Talent & Visionary Leadership
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Identifies and coaches current and future technical leaders.
- Anticipates future information technology needs based on business trends and collaborates with internal and external suppliers to successfully deliver IS solutions that address them.
- Translates ambiguities to accurately and clearly “tell a story” to all audiences to ensure understanding of impacts and potential risks associated with change.
- Successfully manages “change curves’ within IS associated with introduction of new technologies and directions.
- Performs as a strategic leader to guide the vision and execution of operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Advocates effective architectural designs and optimizes current architecture and processes. Promotes appropriate use of and adherence to reference architectures.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- Communication - Communicate business capabilities and technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences. Communicate with business and I/S customers. Effectively uses appropriate verbal and written communication. Strong written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and ability to interact with associates at all levels of the organization.
- Coaching and Mentoring - Coach, mentor and cross-train others. Helps co-workers stay focused on the overall goal. Leads by example and encourages others to excel. Serves as a positive role model.
- Planning and Perspective - Formulate and articulate strategic vision. Anticipate and prepare for emerging systems and technology needs. Uses goals and objectives to prioritize work and guide actions. Understands multiple systems or technologies. Understand interaction with other systems.
- Extensive knowledge of analysis and design of technology solutions and the relationships between multiple systems/support processes.
- Ability to develop, evaluate and present multiple solution approaches to meet business requirements and strategies.
- Proven skill in designing high-level solutions, providing technical and logical support, and defining modules and/or process components determined to be needed or modified.
- Ability to develop and maintain business partnerships with customers and suppliers at all levels, including resolving conflicts, anticipating customer needs, and prioritizing schedules from multiple customers or suppliers.
- Strong understanding of contemporary technologies relating to business, market and industry trends. Ability to apply such knowledge to support the critical systems needed.
- Comprehensive awareness of various hardware and software solutions and relationships between systems, subsystems and products.
- Ability to assimilate, interpret and draw conclusions from an extensive variety of technical and business data with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
- Proven leadership abilities and tangible success implementing strategic business initiatives.
- Broad knowledge of insurance and financial services products, the insurance industry, related legislation, and business operation procedures and practices.
- Experience in effectively specifying, constructing contract options, and managing 3rd party engagements and implementations.
- Experience building and extending a Software Development and Architecture practice
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.